This position is responsible for delivering revenue and profit goals for the Southern Region, which includes TX, OK, NM, AZ, UT and NV. The incumbent will actively manage all distributor sales, and take a leadership position with key accounts. Major duties include budget/sales planning, distributor selection and training, management of regional and local promotional activity, key account retention, and quarterly business reviews.
This position will manage manufacturers’ representatives and staff in territory to achieve company’s sales targets by focusing on new business opportunities and supporting existing accounts. The manager is expected to:
• Establish appropriate sales metrics and performance criteria for proper measurement of results and future trends;
• Recruit, hire, and train manufacturers’ representatives and staff (where applicable) in assigned territory;
• Manage company policies and procedures as they pertain to the sales territory;
• Operate the assigned cost center within budget;
• Manage relationships with channel partners, contractors, resellers and distributors and end users to achieve maximum market penetration and to achieve agreed upon revenue and profit targets;
• Manage competitive pricing issues in a team fashion with other regional managers;
• Support customer requests for information and service as required;
• Create data, budgets and reports to support business, i.e.: Monthly report on sales/marketing activity; Quarterly report on industry trends, competition and activities;
• Represent the company at various activities (as required) such as trade shows, seminars, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship building skills, Technically savvy and effective in working with internal teams, clients and other industry related contacts
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM systems such as
Goldmine or Salesforce.com
PREFERRED SKILLS Experience with strategic selling concepts
Strong preference given to someone with prior sales management